Feel like you're struggling with WHAT to post on your Social media/Blog? youtube?
Feel like you DON'T relate to some of the people you are trying to help?
We have all been there! I felt I was just spinning my wheels focusing on all the wrong people, and trying to figure out my niche market, I was clueless till this!
It's time to LASER FOCUS your message and your business to the person you COMPLETELY relate to ...and LOVE working with
This is an assignment that I was given during a Diamond Coach Boot Camp it derived from a top coach who Had done it while attending B-School! Which is absolutely something that I recommend in the near future. I will be doing it my self soon!
Mentor and BUSINESS GURU extraordinaire: Marie Forleo!(www.marieforleo.com).
She teaches this AMAZING exercise: Creating your "Ideal Customer Avatar"
It rocked my world!
You may have heard 15 Star Melanie Mitro touch on this topic at Super Saturday, but I don't want anyone to let this training pass them by! DO IT!
So why should you do this?
- Without developing your brand, your marketing will be very generic (and ineffective)
- You'll attract people you don't relate to & coaching isn't as fun. It feels like an uphill battle. I, for example, don't relate to MEN who are trying to put on muscle, and are all about the gym or crossfit. I would much rather work with a 30yr old single mom who just had a baby!!
- No matter how hard you work, you will struggle to reach your business goals and won't know why
- Once you identify your Brand, marketing becomes SO much easier & fun! You'll attract customers who are perfect for you!
- You'll form a deeper & more meaningful connection with your customer & team!
- When your customers feel that YOU understand them, you establish a deep level of trust. Deep trust = repeat customers. Happy customers = a successful LONG TERM business!
STEP 1 First, you want to make a list of characteristics that represent the person you MOST enjoy helping! Who are they? What do they like? What do they do for fun?
Make a List!
- Personality Type (Shy, outgoing, bubbly, quiet, etc...)
Put yourself in their shoes! My customer is worried about signing up as a coach and putting their SSN # on the website. What if this is a scam!?!?
Knowing this helps me explain things and ease their mind.
Think back to what you felt or thought about Beachbody before you were a coach or really understood it.
STEP 2 Create a VISUAL! Something you can re-visit and read when you need inspiration or focus! Check out my picture!
This represents MY Brand and my Ideal Customer/Coach.
I've named her Savannah. "Savannah" LOVES the country, she loves going to fairs, country concerts wearing her boots, and loves to hunt, she loves summer but Fall isn't far behind since she loves archery, she's a Air Force vet, along with she's super carefree but then stresses about random things, she has the memory of a gold fish, she loves trying new organizational tips since she lack in organization, she likes to research before she purchases but then ends up making impulse buys based on her gut, . She is an animal lover and would rescue every horse and dog if she could. She reads Senseless social media junk but loves personal development as well. She bites her nails unless she has a nails done & loves scary movies. She's been "Fat" and wants to tone and lose 10-15lbs on top the 50 she has already lost
PRO TIP: Your visual should really speak to you and inspire you! You might discover that your ideal customer is YOU! It's easier to talk to and help someone that you relate to! After reading your slide, you should be EXCITED to help this person!
STEP 3 Revisit this daily! Save your image on your desktop if it helps.
I know so much about my Ideal customer "Savannah" I could go on & on her. This person is someone I made up...but by creating her identity and relating to her....I get ideas for what I should post. I think about "What would Savannah be inspired by? What worries does Savannah have?"
This should inspire you! You should have pages of ideas for your website, blog, and Facebook on what you can do to help this person.
You should be able to create content that will not only appeal to them but makes them feel like "Wow! she really gets me!"
I'm able to create CONSISTENT marketing and a consistent message that ATTRACTS girls just like "Savannah" into my business. Building a connection is KEY in getting people to contact you!
How can you add value?
Think about what kind of VALUE you can add to this person's life. What can you give?
- What advice or guidance can you provide?
- What skills/talent/knowledge do you have? (Don't undervalue what you know! Something that seems obvious to you, might seem overwhelming and confusing to someone else. Example: Meal planning, pantry staples)
- "If you want to hit the bullseye, throw more darts" Creating content that builds your brand is a process that takes time and consistency!
MY customer "Savannah" wants to tone her legs, booty and tummy...so I write A LOT about the workout that helped me with that (21 Day Fix!)
My customer is worried that Shakeology is a scam- and questions the ingredients so I write about my experience and how I googled Beachbody and looked them up on the Better Business Bureau before I would buy anything lol
MOST of this applies to the future COACH you are going to attract, but I like to take it one step further.
Make a list of the characteristics of your IDEAL COACH.
If you want to attract that type of person into your business, YOU need to be the BEST example! Lead from the front! Your list is basically what your "ideal coach" is looking for in a sponsor! Look at your list...what do you need to work on? Create your personal development strategy around your areas of opportunity.