Keep your focus by reminding yourself you have worked too hard for the past 10 months or however long to blow it all over the next two! I want to give you some tips to stay on track, so here are a few tips to get you started.
- Have a plan: schedule in your workouts and make them happen. No excuses.
- Delicious foods and desserts are available all year long, there is no reason why you have to overeat at holiday parties. Have a few bites, enjoy, and move on. No need to stuff yourself just because it is the holiday season.
- Don’t eat your feelings: if the holidays bring you down, reach out to friends and family for a support system instead of turning to food. Ask for help and talk through your feelings.
- Limit the alcohol: not only is it full of sugar and empty calories, but can also lead you to overeating. Drink water as much as you can.
- Don’t stress. (easier said than done, right?) Stress elevates cortisol which has been shown to increase belly fat. Take long walks, deep breathing, and other calming activities to keep yourself in the right mind.